The passing of a family member or friend can be an emotionally exhausting and tumultuous time. The probate process can be overwhelming and without clear direction, the estate assets may be improperly accounted for, liabilities and expenses may cause issues, and disputes can arise among the beneficiaries.
We offer knowledgeable and experienced counsel to you and your family to help navigate the probate system. We assist you in determining the value of the estate, resolving any outstanding liabilities and expenses, distributing the estate to the proper beneficiaries, and ensuring you have properly closed the estate.
- Admitting a Will into Probate Court
- Interpretation of the terms of the Will
- Administration of any trusts
- Post-mortem death tax minimization strategies
- Identifying all assets of the estate and facilitating the distribution of the same
- Preparation of formal or informal estate and trust accountings
- Identifying and locating beneficiaries
- Disposition of any real estate and business interests of the estate
- Filing any required Federal and New Jersey and Pennsylvania death tax returns
- Representing interests of beneficiaries
- Intestate estates where the owner of the estate died without a properly executed Will