Having a proper estate plan is important to protect yourself and your loved ones, and can provide peace of mind knowing that your affairs are in order. We can help with all aspects of estate planning.
A well-prepared estate plan is a gift to your family and loved ones, whether your estate is large or modest. However, having no estate plan can take a terrible toll on your loved ones, including unnecessary expenses and taxes.
Your estate plan will depend largely on your particular needs and wishes. We can skillfully prepare an estate plan tailored to fit your circumstances.
Many estate plans include:
- Wills or Revocable Living Trusts
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Powers of Attorney
- Advance health care directive (“Living Will”)
- Other types of trusts, including irrevocable, bypass, credit shelter, charitable, life insurance, special needs, supplemental needs trusts and “AB” trusts
- Family limited partnerships
- Guardianships and conservatorships
- Death tax minimization strategies
- Probate litigation avoidance
- Asset protection
Solid estate planning can help to avoid disputes sometimes caused by:
- Disinheriting a child or other family member
- Unequal treatment of beneficiaries
- Verbal promises not included in a will
- Marital separation
- Second marriage issues
We understand that your personal and financial background are of utmost importance to insure that your family is well protected during your lifetime and beyond and can help you design an estate plan to meet your family’s needs.